There is something magical about winter riding on a freezing sunny day or when it's snowed.
However, keeping warm when cycling is key.
We've tried a wide range of kit from different brands over the years, and in the past year have been working with Universal Colours. We thought that the current weather conditions would be the perfect opportunity to review our favourite pieces.
Little bonus: we can offer you 15% off your order with the code: UC-MOLOKO-15
1. Be an onion
Here is our magic combo for freezing days:
1. Sleeveless base layer: An extra layer on the chest will keep you really snug!
2. Polartec thermal base layer: Our absolute favourite UC piece (it's also great for skiing and hiking).
3. Spectrum insulated long sleeve jersey: Slightly warmer than the Mono version, this jersey will keep you super toasty.
4. Chroma insulated gilet: Another iconic piece of clothing that's perfectly cut and makes it easy to regulate your temperature thanks to the double zip system. This is a unisex fit, so size down accordingly.
2. Be prepared
We always make sure to pack these two key items: Chroma rain jacket & the insulated packable jacket. UC aren't lying about the packable! Often we will start the ride fully kitted out and remove layers as we warm up. We store these items in a storage bottle (for the rain jacket) and in our handlebar bag (for the puffer).
They come in handy again at a coffee stop or when you have to wait for someone to change a flat.
3. Accessories are (almost) everything
Here we're talking headbands, neck-warmers, gloves, socks and overshoes.
The UC surplus neck warmer is great, however, we don't recommend the Mono one as it's very loose and not quite warm enough.
Last but not least: feet. The key to a happy cyclist is warm toes. We wear two pairs of socks and use cling film in between them both. The trick though is not to tighten your shoes too much: you need to good blood flow to keep the toes warm.
Regarding overshoes, unfortunately, we haven't found anything convincing yet. If you have any recommendations we would love to hear them!
All orders/returns are to be handled by the manufacturer.
This page is intended to provide information and advice only.
Moloko Cycling reserve the right to withdraw the discount at any time & to any user.